1. "...work was assumed by the government...." Bureau of Reclamation, Yuma Branch, "Yuma Project History" 1902-1912 p12.
2. "...sluiceways...were constructed by the government..." ibid. p17.
3. "There were those in the U.S. government who thought the swastika would be a fitting symbol..." Reclamation Record Vol. 5 April 1914 pp133-4. (The Boy Scouts, Coca-Cola and a WWI Division of the US Army also used swastika paraphernalia.)
4. "The Service also designed a Reclamation flag with a large swastika at its center..." Bureau of Reclamation, Denver Branch article, no date.
5. "...guards were posted..." ibid.
This article (with the b&w photos) could not have been completed without the cooperation of the Yuma Bureau of Reclamation, most notably Public Relations Officer Mr. Bob Steel.
Contact: fsmoter-msn.com (due to auto-generated spam, you supply the @ in place of the -).